- The Whampoa Archive is a website brought to you through the joint collaboration of faculty from the National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University, in partnership with the Committee for Successful Ageing (ComSA). The project is funded by a research grant from the National Heritage Board, Singapore.
- The purpose of the Whampoa Archive is to document, preserve, make available the appreciation for the collection of objects owned by Whampoa elders and to support the development of a private collection to a public legacy.
- We reserve the right to deny access to this Website, or any service provided via this website, to anyone who, in our sole judgment, violates these Terms or interferes with the ability of others to enjoy this Website.
- You agree not to use any “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program or algorithm or any manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor the Website or its Content.
- You agree not to reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Website.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or with any other person’s use of the Website.
- You agree not to pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- You agree not to submit any information that is defamatory, libelous, slanderous, false, obscene, pornographic, profane, dangerous, or inaccurate.
- You may volunteer to submit information to us to be published on the Website. We reserve the sole discretion not to publish any information submitted, particularly but not limited to instances where the information you submit contains any material or elements that may be libellous, indecent, defamatory, incendiary or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or infringe any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.
- You shall retain the copyright to and all other rights in the Content you submit (“Your Contribution”). By submitting your Content, you agree that:
- You are hereby granting an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide, sub-licensable and royalty-free right (without reservation or exclusion) to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, display, publish, adapt, translate, modify, create derivative works of, Your Contribution for our purposes, being a non-commercial purpose.
- Please note that you volunteer Your Contribution without any compensation whatsoever to you.
- represents and warrants that :
- Your Contribution is true and accurate;
- Your Contribution does not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third-party;
- Your Contribution does not violate any law (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2012);
- we may use Your Contribution without requiring any further licence or consent from any other person;.
Intellectual Property Rights
- As copyrights and/or other proprietary rights in the Content on this site may be the property of other third-party individuals, we expressly prohibit any reproduction, distribution, transmission, sale, transfer, creation of derivative s, modification or any other form of commercial exploitation of the Content. Please contact us at email@example.com for any queries in respect of obtaining permission to use the Content.
- This Website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for and do not endorse any such third-party websites or their content.
- We do not represent, warrant, promise or guarantee that this Website or any Content or any of our product or service will be error-free, uninterrupted, virus-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that your use of the Website will provide specific results. This Website and its Content are delivered on an “AS-IS” and “AS-AVAILABLE” basis.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, the implied condition of satisfactory quality, and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
- We also expressly state that we make no representation or warranty that the Content is free from any error, defamatory statement, libel, slander, falsehood, obscenity, profanity, inaccuracy.
- You acknowledge that if you rely on any information or content on the Website, you do so solely at your own risk. You assume sole and full responsibility for your use of the Website. Your sole remedy in respect of any dissatisfaction or loss relating to or in connection with the Website or any Content is to stop using the site.
Limitation of Liability
- You understand acknowledge and agree that in no event will we, our affiliated organisations or any of our or their officers, directors, managers, members, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensors, or suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, damages to you.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us, our officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees), made against us by any third-party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website and/or Your Contribution.
- For questions, inquiries, or correspondence, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org